In this Name IT! podcast episode, host Mazarine Treyz converses with Veronica Garcia, philanthropist and lead organizer of the Wealth Reclamation Academy of Practitioners (WRAP), concerning the operations of nonprofit organizations and fundraising. Topics talked about in this podcast episode are the following:
- The experiences of Veronica in the nonprofit space, including how she first learned about fundraising
- The concept of wealth reclamation, particularly on how to negotiate the return of wealth
- The difference between wealth reclamation and traditional fundraising
- The challenges encountered by fundraisers in the idea of asking for money
- The spiritual, professional, and self-development aspects of fundraising and charitable giving
- Objectification and capitalism
- The role of philanthropy in reparations
- Relational proximity as applied in philanthropy
- Recruitment of resource mobilizers in fundraising at WRAP
To know more about WRAP and how to be part of it, check out the website www.reclaimcommunitywealth.org.
To help the organization, just click the “Donate” button on the website.